Okay, for you whipper snappers out there, you might not have more than 1 or 2. Although I will say I have found a lot of younger folks (people 10+ years younger than myself) who like 80’s music. These might not be the most popular songs but songs that remind me of moments in my childhood/teen years.
10. Hungry like the Wolf– Duran Duran. #10 you say?? All of these can probably be #1 in my book, this was probably one of the first songs my friends and I recorded off the radio in our little boom boxes. That was a thing back then!
9. Jessie’s girl– Rick Springfield. Singer, actor, heart-throb. Paging Dr. Drake. Trivia question: What other rocker/actor was on general hospital in the 80s then went on to have a hit single? Answer below…
9. Mr. Roboto– Styx. I could very easily do a top 10 Styx songs (and I put that out last week!)
8. Photograph– Def Leppard. If you remember the program “Friday Night Videos” you will remember seeing this video and hearing this song played all over the radio in the summer of 1983. Good times.
7. Down under– Men at Work. Men at work were one of my favorite 80s bands. Loved their videos. Always upbeat and light hearted.
6. Every breath you take– Police. Never get tired of this classic. Reminds me of summertime watching videos. I guess I did that a lot :p
4. 867-5309 (Jenny)– Tommy Tutone. Probably one of the most identifiable songs of the time period.
3. Born in the USA– Brice Springsteen. One of my favorite artists of all time. This song still gives me goosebumps when I hear it on the radio.
2. I want to know what love is– Foreigner. A great 80s tune. Reminds me of going to carnivals in the summer when I was a teeny bopper. Almost makes you want to fall in love. Almost.
*Answer: Jack Wagner, “All I need”