So, I did an NFL mock draft back in March and I think it’s pretty solid. Now I am going to do one that is completely with my mercenary Fantasy Football heart and desires in mind. So without further snafu, let’s whip it!
1. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney. I would put the Texans D/ST #1 on my list and probably take them too early. I did that with the Bears D/ST last year even though my #1 and #2 D/ST were still on the board. I know. I still came in 2nd though!
2. St. Louis Rams: Jake Matthews. Or any OT. I would say Sammy Watkins, but keeping Bradford vertical is #1 priority. They have a speedy WR and 2 good RBs.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Johnny Manziel, QB- Manziel has the most playmaking ability out of all the top QBs. The Jaguars have lots of needs though. Still, I think this one makes them Fantasy relevant quicker than anything else would.
4. Cleveland Browns: Blake Bortles, QB- Either Bortles or Teddy Bridgewater are probably the most “NFL ready” QBs. Cleveland already has a solid WR1 and a TE. They can snag a RB with pick #26.
5. Oakland Raiders: Sammy Watkins, WR- They already have a couple nice WRs, but adding Watkins would give QB Matt Schaub a target who can score from anywhere on the field.
6. Atlanta Falcons: Greg Robinson, OT- Atlanta has 2 nice WRs, they could use a TE or a young/speedy RB but it’s a little early for that. They need to keep Matty Ice cool in the pocket.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Mike Evans, WR- I would say a QB but I don’t think any of them would really be an improvement over Mike Glennon. Lovie will probably push to draft a defensive player like Khalil Mack or Aaron Donald, if I know him.
8. Minnesota Vikings: Teddy Bridgewater, QB- He and Bortles are just about even. They could use another WR or a playmaker on Defense. Especially after losing DE Jared Allen.
9. Buffalo Bills: Khalil Mack, OLB- They could use a WR or speedy TE. If not, Mack is their man.
10. Detroit Lions: Justin Gilbert, CB- I think this is the best move for their Defense. Not sure if it would put them in the top 10, but it would help. Just switching coaches might have done more for that 😉 Zing!
11. Tennessee Titans: Taylor Lewan, OT- Chris Johnson got a lot of blame for their offense/running game but another solid lineman should help.
Well, so far this looks a lot like my other mock draft. I’m not sure how I feel about that. Stay tuned for picks 12-22!