Something awesome happened. Last week, in my free pack of Original Hearthstone cards, I got a murloc. Apparently, it was the last one I needed for an achievement (yes Hearthstone has achievements!). To my surprise it comes with a reward: Old Murk-Eye.
So, when one get’s Old Murk-Eye, one tends to want to make a Murloc deck. Or three. My first attempt at this was a shaman. I’m not even sure why I picked a shaman. I don’t have any of the other shaman cards that has Murloc synergy. Doesn’t matter. It was fun, and I actually won a few games.
The strategy: Pretty straightforward, I put all the Murlocs in, then accented it with a couple Annoy-o-Trons, Lightning Storms and Lava Bursts. Usually what you want to do with murloc decks is attack fast. Hit hard before your opponent knows what hit them.
Cards that accent it: All the Murlocs! In addition, there are a couple others that I shall list:
- Annoy-o-Tron– If you are going to use a Taunt you want it to be cheap but still last. This is perfect.
- Grimscale Oracle- +1 attack to all Murlocs. This works for Murlocs on both sides, so watch out.
- Bluegil Warrior– A 2/1 Murloc with Charge!
- Dire Wolf Alpha– This 2/2 Beast gives minions on either side +1 attack.
- Knife Juggler– If you are running lots of low-cost minions, this guy is always dangerous.
- Murloc Tidecaller– Starts out a 1/2 Murloc and gets +1 attack every time you summon a Murloc.
- Murloc Tidehunter– A base 2/1 Murloc that summons a 1/1 murloc with it. 2 is better than 1. Most of the time.
- Puddlestomper– This is a slightly beefier Murloc, coming in at 3/2.
- Coldlight Oracle– A 2/2 Murloc that lets you and your opponent draw 2 cards.
- Coldlight Seer– This Murloc has a Battlecry that gives any Murlocs that are on the board +2 health.
- Murloc Warleader– I only have one of these Epic Murlocs that give all other Murlocs +2/+1. Hang on to this bad boy until you have a few on the board ready to strike.
- Raid Leader– A 2/2 minion that gives all friendly minions +1 attack.
Bonus play: I put in a Faceless Manipulator in case the game goes a little longer. You can either copy an enemy card or try to copy your Murk-Eye. I also made a rogue deck with Murlocs and pirates. That’s pretty fun too!
How to acquire: Even though you can view it in your “collection” when you hit “crafting”, I don’t think you can craft this legendary. It must be “unlocked” by collecting all the other murlocs. Since I can’t go back to before I had the card, I can’t confirm this. You get the other Murlocs in Original Hearthstone packs or by crafting them with arcane dusts.
So get going on your Murloc empire. Playing Tavern Brawls is a good way to earn some extra coin and a free pack of Original Hearthstone cards a week (which may contain a murloc!). See you next week!