If you follow me you know, I do my mock draft from the fantasy perspective. This is where I would like the players to go, not where I think they will go. It’s less guessing and more hoping. It fits my style more. So, grab your favorite beverage and let’s roll!
Updated to reflect Rams moving up to #1
Updated to reflect Eagles moving up to #2
1. Rams- (from Titans) Carson Wentz, QB- NDSU: On Thursday April 14th, it was announced that the LA Rams traded up with the Titans. They gave a tremendous amount of picks to move up. Obviously it is for one of the top QBs coming out this year. Flip a coin whether it will be Goff or Wentz. I think it will be Wentz, who is less ready to start, but is largely believed to have more “upside”. Kudos to the Rams for making a bold move in their new location.
2. Eagles- (from Browns) Jared Goff, QB- California: This is great drama. Last week we had the Rams moving up, this week it’s the Eagles. They gave up a whole lot to go up 6 spots. It’s gotta be for a QB. The Eagles have been on quite a ride the last 2-3 years. Hope it pays off for them.
3. Chargers- Laremy Tunsil, OT- Mississippi: The Chargers are in the driver’s seat now. Will the Titans trade back up here to get Tunsil? Will someone else trade up to get a player? There is still a little drama. If they stay here I think the pick will probably be Tunsil, but Ramsey or Bosa makes a lot of sense too.
4. Cowboys- Ezekiel Elliott, RB- Ohio State: There are lots of RBs in this draft, but only one like Elliott. Put Elliott behind one of the best lines in the NFL and watch him run for 2,000 yards. If Jalen Ramsey falls to #4, that could give the Cowboys a real tough decision. Ramsey should be a game-changer on defense. I’m sticking with Elliott, because that’s what I would love to see them do, and this is that type of draft!
5. Jaguars- Joey Bosa, DE- Ohio State: Miles Jack was “the guy” for a long time. I can’t imagine they would pass on Joey Bosa if he slides down the line.
6. Ravens- Jalen Ramsey, DB- Florida State: If the Chargers don’t take Ramsey, he could fall down to the Ravens. I think they would sprint to turn their card in. Their secondary has been lacking since Reed retired. Ravens are in a great spot since 2 QBs will no doubt go 1-2.
7. 49ers- DeForest Buckner, DT- Oregon: The 49ers are now the team that “got screwed” after the Eagles moved up. However, there are still plenty of solid players here, and they need them all. If they stay at 7, they have Buckner, possibly Myles Jack. They could take Ronnie Stanley to anchor their offensive line. I’ve said previously, from a Fantasy standpoint, the 49ers are probably 1-2 years away from being relevant.
8. Browns- Ronnie Stanley, OT- Notre Dame: There is an outside chance Bosa could fall all the way down here, which would be the Coup d’etat. With all their extra picks, they could make a bold move and grab Lynch or trade down a little further. Cleveland: You should be very excited now. If this trade doesn’t help the team out nothing will. Myles Jack is also a strong possibility if he is available.
9. Buccaneers- Miles Jack, LB- UCLA: I could see someone moving up to get Jack. Maybe the Titans. If not, I think the Bucs would run to turn their card in. Jack has been projected to go much higher in the draft.
10. Giants- Shaq Lawson, DE- Clemson: Giants love taking pass rushers, early and often. They will take whoever they see as the best available. They would probably love to get Ezekiel Elliott, but I do not see him falling this far.
11. Bears- Vernon Hargreaves, CB- Florida: I’m having a hard time getting a feel for what the Bears will take. They are in a good spot with the recent trade activity. I had them taking Reggie Ragland for the longest time. I could still see that, or a pass rusher. If Ronnie Stanley falls I think the Bears pounce on that opportunity.
12. Saints- Laquon Treadwell, WR- Ole Miss: The Saints need another big target after losing Jimmy Graham and now Marques Colston. Treadwell would be a nice complement to the speedy Brandin Cooks.
13. Miami- Leonard Floyd, DE- Georgia: Miami adds another edge rusher to make their line even tougher. Watch out AFC East.
14. Raiders- Noah Spence, OLB/DE- Eastern Kentucky: Spence could really go anywhere from 10-15. I could see Miami adding a young pass rusher to their already tough D-line.
15. Titans- Jack Conklin, OT- Michigan State: The titans will have a lot of options here. Take the best player available, trade down, or trade back up.
16. Lions- Reggie Ragland, LB- Alabama: I think the Lions would rather bolster their offensive line, and they still might. I could see them trading down a spot or two.
We got another trade in the top 10, which I was expecting. We are probably done until draft day, but I would not be surprised if there is more trade action leading up to the draft.